DBSync's Sage 100 connector is a highly customizable connector. It has the ability to connect your Sage 100 application (which is formerly known as MAS 90) with additional applications - like CRMs, E-Commerce platforms, Order management systems and much more. As a Sage 100 user, you can also use this connector to integrate Sage 100 with other On-demand, On-premise or SaaS-based applications - such as MSCRM, Salesforce, SkuVault, and databases. The connector uses Visual Integrator to move data in, and out of, Sage 100 application.
To establish a connection to Sage 100 via DBSync Sage connector, user must:
- Have a valid license to DBSync Sage 100 connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- Have a valid username, password to connect to Sage 100.
- Have ODBC bridge configured on the server where Sage 100 sits ( DBSync support team will configure the ODBC bridge for you ).
- Be sure that user has enough privileges to (1) connect to Sage 100 remotely on which it is hosted; (2) to create export and import Jobs; and (3) enable Sage 100 connector to communicate with DBSync.
A Sage 100 connector instance represents a single Sage 100 account, including login credentials. If a user wishes to connect to multiple instances of the either sandbox/production then, s/he must create a separate connection for each and configure the ODBC bridge accordingly.
The table below represents parameters required for opening the connection to Sage 100 user instance.
The username of staging Sage database.
The password of staging Sage database.
The URL where the Sage staging database is hosted.
After a connector is created within a project, set up the connector within the process, DBSync can then map to, and from, virtually any system using the Sage 100 connector to retrieve data from, or send data to, Sage 100 Accounting application. Click on the following link Connectors List to learn all about connectors DBSync supports.
Uses Of Sage 100 Connector
- Eliminate manual data entry by connecting Sage 100 to other CRM, Accounting or Order management systems that are supported by DBSync.
- Automate business process to increase efficiency across departments by reducing data reconciliation.
- Make your customer, item, vendor, sales rep, invoice, invoice history, sales order records as zero error prone as possible while moving in, and out, of Sage 100.
The following versions of Sage 100 are supported by DBSync's Sage connector:
- 5,19,4.5, 2014,2015,2016.
- Single and multi-user installations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does DBSync need to be installed on the same machine as that of Sage 100?
A: DBSync Sage 100 connector can be either configured on the same instance where Sage 100 is installed or, on a remote machine that can access Sage 100 database.
Q: What are the limitations of DBSync integration with Sage 100?
A: There is no real-time integration of data directly from Sage 100 to target systems/application due to the rule imposed by Sage 100 itself. Whenever there is import or export of data from Sage 100 then it should happen through visual integrator as Sage 100 does not expose Apis / web-service for consumption by other applications.
Q: How does DBSync connect to Sage 100?
A: DBSync connects to Sage 100 through Visual Integrator provided by Sage 100 to read data from, and write data out of, the Sage 100.