Salesforce & Database Replication
DBSync Cloud Replication for Salesforce tool is used for replication and synchronization of data between Salesforce and Database namely Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL and Cassandra.
Some of the main applications of this tool are
- Building Data Warehouse for Reporting or Data Mining
- Integration with ERP or back office applications
- Data Migration
- Offline data cleansing or manipulation and synchronization
DBSync Cloud Replication is a Java based application which can be initiated either from a browser or using batch interfaces to invoke it from command line, shell, windows scheduler, cron or any external applications like Extract, Transform and load (ETL).
DBSync is J2EE compliant and comes with pre-packaged Apache Tomcat 7 Web server and JRE 1.7. The server is used for configuring the application and using Outbound Messages.
High Level Architecture
DBSync Replication Key Components consists of:
- Profiles: Profile is a configuration that provides connection information of your Salesforce.com and Database and stores configuration of Objects and Tables that needs to be synchronized. One can have multiple profiles to integrate multiple instances of Salesforce and Databases that are tuned to specific ERP requirements.
- Salesforce Details: Salesforce details tab is where your Salesforce login details are stored. You can provide your Salesforce UserName, Password, SOAP endpoint and lastly the environment you are connecting with. It also provides you an option of testing the connection with the given credentials.
- Database Details: Database Details tab is to save and configure your Database connection string. It also provides you an option of testing or validating your database credentials.
- Salesforce Sync Object Details: section of the replication tool lists out all the Salesforce objects, including the custom objects and non-replicable objects. It also provides the user the option of filtering out Salesforce records based on a filter criteria and selectively sync objects by including or excluding fields.
- Notifications section allows you to configure the system to send sync notifications to the recipient email address and also create a table for logging in sync logs upon after each sync process.
- Advanced Settings allows non-replicable objects like AccountShare, LeadShare and so on. These are Salesforce.com objects that cannot have bi-directional sync and require complete data replication instead of incremental replication. (Default behavior will ignore non-replicable objects during data sync).
- Scheduler Allows you to schedule the processes in profiles to run at desired intervals of time.
- Developer Edition
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Unlimited Edition
- SQL Server
- Apache Cassandra
- Amazon Redshift