- Click on the Browse button to select the desired location where you want to install the DBSync Cloud Replication Tool and click on the Next button to proceed to the next window.
- Configure Windows Start Menu shortcuts and Desktop icons if you wish to have them in the next installation windows in the Installation Wizard until you get to the Ready to Install window as shown below.
- Click on the Install button and wait until the installation has completed successfully.
- Once the installation is completed, select the first check-box to set the DBSync Cloud Replication as a Windows service. If the check-box is left unchecked, DBSync will start as a tomcat console. Select the second check-box to launch the DBSync Replication console. Click on Finish to exit the Installation Wizard.
- This completes the installation of the DBSync Cloud Replication tool on your system.
Windows Start > Programs > DBSync Cloud Replication > DBSync
- If DBSync is set to run as a Windows Service, navigate to the Windows services list start Apache Tomcat-Dbsync Cloud Replication for Salesforce service.
a. Go to <install folder>/dbsync/scripts. Make sure that setenv.bat points to your install directory.
b. For Sync schema Run – run <profile name> db_setupUpdate Schema
Example: run dbsync db_setupDBSync Update Schema
c. For getting a clean copy Run – run <profile name> cleancopyCleancopy
Example: run DBSyncc cleancopyDBSync Cleancopy
d. For moving data from Salesforce.com to database Run – run <profile name> sf_Source to _dbDB
Example: run dbsync sf_to_dbDBSync Source to DB
e. For moving data from database to Salesforce.com Run – run <profile name> db_DB to _sfSource
Example: run dbsync db_to_sfDBSync DB to Source