Rules are mapping conditions synonymous to "Transformations", Intermediary process is where logic is applied on to the extracted information from the source systems before being written to Targeted systems.
The screen below illustrates the Rule section.
Add New Rule
A logged-in user can create Create a new rule , by clicking on the - "Add New Rule" button - located on the top right section of the page. .
Every Rule has two sections - (1) Target Section; and, (2) Update source section.
- User The user has to select the Target section (i.e Connector of DBSync). Then, s/he will have to select the operation; select the object; and,
- Select the operation and object to set the mapping from the map link.
- User Users can check the update source. If , s/he wishes the target system has to notify the source system, then , the user should select the connector, operation, and object. As a final step, the user should set the
- Set the connector, operation, and object on success and failure maps.
- The section illustrates how fields of source and target systems will be mapped for the integration to take place. This is an important step because
- it helps DBSync to match fields of source and target systems.
- The mapping - of source fields to target fields - can be applied by clicking on the fields from the schema. The user can also apply functions from the "Functions" tab so that value can be transformed before being written to the target systems.