DBSync for Sage 100 & PocketAdvantage is an easy to use Integration Template to integrate Sage Customer, Item, Vendor, SalesRep, Invoice with PA Customer, Item, Sales Rep and Transactions respectively is one way and other way is Orders of Pocket Advantage getting integrated to Sales-orders in Sage 100. This template is also useful in migrating historical Sage 100 data into PA and vice versa. This template provides Bi-directional sync with pre-built field to field map along with the flexibility for more complex and dynamic mapping capability.
Data flow of Sage 100 and PocketAdvantage application is shown in the below table
The Process map of Bi-Directional Integration between Sage 100 application and PocketAdvantage application is shown in the below image.
Pre-Requisites for Integration
* Creating ODBC data source
- Importing a Job File in Sage 100
- Scheduling a Job in Sage 100
Setting up ODBC DataSource
One of the most important prerequisite of Sage 100 and PocketAdvantage system is to setup the ODBC data source connection on the server where Sage 100 is hosted . The below steps explain how to setup the ODBC connection so that Sage 100 opens a connection to DBSync .
- Go to Control Panel -> Administrative services of the server on which Sage 100 is hosted
- Select the service ODBC data source 32-bit/64-bit basing on server configuration, which then opens a pop up as shown in below image .
- Choose the Tab user DSN and click on Add button which opens a pop up with various drivers
- Choose MySQLODBC5.3 unicode driver which pops out a windows to enter connection properties
- In MySQL connection windows enter the following Parameters Data Source Name: dbsyncqueue , TCP/IP server : dbsync-queue.cvglyvvn64dx.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com, user:dbsync, Password:, Database:Sage
The below are the steps to import job file script provided by DBSync which is mandatory for the integration to take place .
- Login to Sage 100 with valid credentials
- On the left navigation , select visual integrator which gives the list of options
- Now choose "Job Import" option from the available values.
- Choose the file provided by DBSync which can be downloaded from this link.
- From the file dialog box , choose this file which will show the list of all the job which are required for DBSync to perform integration
- Select all and click Accept button as shown in the below screen shot.
Scheduling all the necessary jobs will facilitate the data to be migrated from Sage 100 to DBSync so that the DBSync processes the data to PocketAdvantage