In this article you will learn how to transfer data from and to an FTP server to Saleforce.
In order to transfer data from Saleforce to an FTP server (and vice versa), do the following steps:
- Go to www.mydbsync.com, click on Customer Login. Enter your Username and Password and click on Development Studio to open the Projectconsole .
- Create a project with project, process, workflow. Use names of your choice.
- Click on Connectors on the left section of Project Console and create a Salesforce and an FTP connector. (Note: Enter the required details in the Salesforce and FTP credentials in the fields and validate the connections).
- Click on Project ->Process -> Workflow
- From the Workflow section, proceed to the Trigger Section.
- In Triggers section, you can use three tabs, namely, Query Builder, Advanced Query Builder & Properties. You need to select data-source as FTP. You can make additional changes to Query by using the Advanced View section of Advanced Query Builder.
- In Rules section, select target connector as "Salesforce", operation, target object respectively.
- Click on Map to see Mapping screen. You will see the list of Salesforce fields in the left section. On the right section, in Schema you see list of selected File columns.
- Drag & drop the fields from Schema next to the required Salesforce fields. Click on Save and Close once the mapping is completed. Now, click on Save Workflow.
- Ensure that Workflow status is On.
- You are now ready to run the sync. Click on the Run Button on the Top Right corner of the page.
- After the successful sync, open the log and check if everything is fine. Check if the data has been transferred to Salesforce.
Note: to transfer from Salesforce to an FTP server, define the Trigger using the Salesforce connector and the Rule using the FTP connector.
You can find additional information in the following links:
How to conveniently transfer data to and from FTP servers using DBSync