The DBSync's QuickBooks Connector provides an easy way to perform integration, data extraction or data loading into QuickBooks Desktop Accounting software. The connector connects directly to QuickBooks company data file (*.QuickBooksw). The connector will allow you to query, add, modify and delete various types of records including customers, Items, Vendors, Invoices, Sales orders, Purchase orders and much more.The connector uses the QuickBooks XML to move data in and out of QuickBooks desktop. Integrating with QuickBooks desktop consists of SOAP web service calls using an XML request/response made over an HTTPS connection.
To establish a connection to QuickBooks desktop via DBSync's QuickBooks desktop connector, user has to do the following
- Have a valid license to DBSync QuickBooks desktop connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- QuickBooks Web-Connector should be configured to connect to DBSync to read from and write to QuickBooks desktop. you can download the web connector from Intuit marketplace by click on the link and steps to configure your web connector are followed in the latter section.
- you must have QuickBooks administrative rights.
The below table represent parameters required for opening the connection to QuickBooks file.
The path of the QuickBooks file where it is hosted.
The file path can be obtained in the following way
you can choose the relevant version of your QuickBooks Desktop from available values.
The process name is the process name in DBSync which is trying to access the QuickBooks file and the convention is as follows
Steps to configure Web-Connector
- Click on Download Web Connector to download the .qwc file. Open this downloaded file with QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Click on OK button on the Authorization screen.
- Select the option 'Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running' and click on continue.
- Click on Done to confirm Access.
- The DBSync integration process will be added to your Quickbooks Web-Connector. Once the process is added to the web-connector, add the DBSync account password in the highlighted section of the Web-Connector.
- This completes the process of configuring DBSync for integration with your QuickBooks company file.
Uses Of Quickbooks Desktop Connector
The following are the few uses you reap while using our QuickBooks Desktop connector
- Eliminate manual data entry by connecting QuickBooks to other systems which are supported by us.
- Automate business process to increase efficiency across departments by reducing data reconciliation
- Make your customer, item, vendor, invoice records as zero error prone while moving in and out of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2007 onwards
- Pro, Premier and Enterprise Editions
- US, Canada, and the UK
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get a trial of DBSync?
A: DBSync is available free for 30 days trial after going through the Signup process.
Q: Does this connector be used for Bi-Directional sync?
A: Yes, and you also have the control to make it uni-directional if you choose.
Q: Is this connector available with On-Demand or On-Premise Version?
A: This profile is available with both On-Demand and On-premise Version.
Q: How Frequent can we perform Sync?
A: Sync can be performed every 5 minutes.