DBSync's Salesforce connector is a highly customizable connector. It has the ability to connect to any native Salesforce application. Furthermore, it also has the ability to connect with additional applications - like CRM software's, e-Commerce platforms and various other systems. As a Salesforce user, you can use this connector to integrate Salesforce with other On-demand, On-premise or, SaaS-based applications - such as MSCRM, NetSuite, SkuVault, and databases.
The Salesforce connector, when connected to Salesforce application, has the ability to retrieve both standard and custom objects through Trigger/Rule section of DBSync iPaaS. Integrating with Salesforce consists of web service calls using an XML request/response made over an HTTPS connection.
To establish a connection to Salesforce application via DBSync's Salesforce connector, a user must:
- Have a valid license to DBSync Salesforce connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- Have login and password of the Salesforce to access their web service.
- Setup security in Salesforce to connect through external integration.
This setup security can be done in one of the following ways in Salesforce:
- (Recommended) Setup -> Personal Information -> My Personal Information -> Reset My Security Token. Generate a new security token if you have not already done so. (Then, while configuring your adapter, enter this token at the end of the password.
- (Advanced users) Setup -> Administration Setup-> Security Controls->Network Access. Enter your network public IP address (click “new” to enter your network public IP address). If you are using the hosted model then, enter the following IP ranges
- [Start] 184.108.40.206 - [End] 220.127.116.11
- [Start] 18.104.22.168 - [End] 22.214.171.124
A Salesforce connection represents a single Salesforce organization, including login credentials. If a user wishes to connect to multiple instances of the either sandbox/production then, s/he must create a separate connection for each and configure the parameters accordingly. Salesforce connector supports OAUTH authentication.The table below represents parameters required for opening the connection to Salesforce user instance.
The username to log into Salesforce account.
The password to login to Salesforce account.
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy ip or host>>.
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy port>>.
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy username>>.
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy password>>.
After a connector is created within a project, set up the connector within the project. DBSync can then map to, and from, the systems that are supported by our standard connector list. It can use Salesforce connector to retrieve data from, or send data to, Salesforce application. Click on the following link Connectors List to learn all about connectors DBSync supports.
Uses Of Salesforce Connector
The Salesforce connector makes it easy to work with Salesforce web service by:
- Synchronizing Salesforce Customer, Items, Invoice and payment details with CRM Application back and forth.
- Gives Enterprises the ability to provide better customer services, access to additional up-sell and cross-selling opportunities.
The DBSync supports almost all major versions of Salesforce:
- Salesforce Unlimited Edition
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Non-Profit Edition
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get a trial of DBSync?
A: DBSync is available free for 15 days trial after going through Signup process.
Q: Can this connector be used for bi-Directional sync?
A: Yes. Furthermore, if you so choose, you can also make it uni-directional.
Q: Is this connector available with, On-demand or On-premise, Versions?
A: Yes. This profile is available with both Versions.
Q: How Frequently can we perform Sync?
A: Sync can be performed every 5 minutes.
Q: What are the objects in Salesforce that I can Sync my database with?
A: You can sync almost all objects of Salesforce with your database using DBSync.
Q: Can I also integrate Salesforce custom objects with the database?
A: Yes, DBSync is a completely flexible solution and also supports custom objects of Salesforce.
Q: Can data migration be done Using DBSync and are there any limitations?
A: Data Migration can be done using DBSync and there are no limitations.