DBSync's Salesforce connector is a highly customizable connector that has the ability to connect to any native Salesforce application. It also has the ability to connect with additional applications like CRM software's, e-Commerce platforms and various other systems. As a Salesforce user, you can also use this connector to integrate salesforce with another on-demand, on-premise or SaaS-based application such as MSCRM, NetSuite, SkuVault, and databases.
The Salesforce connector, when connected to Salesforce application, has the ability to retrieve both standard and custom objects through Trigger/Rule section of DBSync iPaaS. Integrating with Salesforce consists of web service calls using an XML request/response made over an HTTPS connection.
To establish a connection to Salesforce application via DBSync's Salesforce connector, you will need to have the following.
- Have a valid license to DBSync Salesforce connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- Have your both login and password of the Salesforce to access their web service
- Setup security in Salesforce to connect through external integration
This setup security can be done in either one of the ways below in Salesforce:
- (Recommended) Setup -> Personal Information -> My Personal Information -> Reset My Security Token. Generate a new security token if you have not already done so. (Then while configuring your adapter, enter this token at the end of the password.
- (Advanced users) Setup -> Administration Setup-> Security Controls->Network Access. Enter your network public IP address (click “new” to enter your network public IP address). If you are using the hosted model, then enter the following IP ranges
- [Start] 220.127.116.11 - [End] 18.104.22.168
- [Start] 22.214.171.124 - [End] 126.96.36.199
A Salesforce connection represents a single Salesforce organization, including login credentials. If a user wishes to connect to multiple instances of the either sandbox/production, create a separate connection for each and configure the parameters accordingly. Salesforce connector support OAUTH authentication.
The below table represent parameters required for opening the connection to Salesforce user instance
The username to log into salesforce account.
The password to login to salesforce account
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy ip or host>>
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy port>>
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy username>>
If you use a proxy server then put <<proxy password>>
After a connector is created within a project, set up the connector within the project. DBSync can map to and from the systems which are supported by our standard connector list and use Salesforce connector to retrieve data from or send data to Salesforce application.
click on the following link to know which all connectors we support Connectors List
The salesforce connector makes it easy to work with Salesforce web service by:
- Synchronizing Salesforce Customer, Items, Invoice and payment details with CRM Application back and forth.
- Gives enterprises the ability to provide better customer services, access to additional up-sell and cross-selling opportunities.
DBSync supports almost all major versions of Salesforce:
- Salesforce Unlimited Edition
- Professional Edition
- Enterprise Edition
- Non-Profit Edition
Q: Can I get a trial of DBSync?
A: DBSync is available free for 15 days trial after going through Signup process
Q: Does this connector be used for bi-Directional sync?
A: Yes, and you also have the control to make it uni-directional if you choose.
Q: Is this connector available with on-demand or on-premise Version?
A: This profile is available with both on-demand and on-premise Version.
Q: How Frequent can we perform Sync?
A: Sync can be performed every 5 minutes.
Q: What are the objects in Salesforce I can Sync my database with?
A: Almost all objects of Salesforce you can sync with you database using DBSync.
Q: Can I also integrate Salesforce custom objects with the database?
A: Yes, DBSync is a completely flexible solution and also supports custom objects of Salesforce.
Q: Can data migration be done Using DBSync and Is there any limitation?
A: Yes, Data Migration can be done using DBSync and there is no limitation.
For more details on SOQL, please see Salesforce developer Guides at http://www.salesforce.com/developer