DBSync's JIRA Core connector is a highly customizable connector. It that has the ability to connect your JIRA Core, JIRA Software account with applications like Accounting, e-Commerce platforms, and various CRM systems. Using DBSync's JIRA Core connector, DBSync user can directly connect to JIRA Software, JIRA Core which will allow you to query, add, modify various types of records including projects, customers, users, Issues and many more objects.This connector uses the JIRA Software REST APIs to move data in, and out of, JIRA Software and JIRA Core.
To establish a connection to JIRA Software, JIRA Core via DBSync JIRA Core connector, user must:
- Have a valid license to DBSync JIRA Core connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- Have a valid username, password, URL where JIRA Software\ JIRA Core is hosted.
- Be sure that JIRA Software user has administrative privileges to connect to JIRA Software REST APIs.
A JIRA Core connector instance represents a single JIRA Software or JIRA Core, including login credentials. If a user wishes to connect to multiple instances of either, on-demand or cloud instance of JIRA Software, s/he must create a separate connection for each and configure the URL accordingly. The table below represent parameters required for opening the connection to software or core user instance.
The username to connect to JIRA Software or JIRA Desk.
The password to connect to JIRA Software or JIRA Desk.
Where your JIRA Software or JIRA Core application is hosted.
After a connector is created within a project, set up the connector within the process. DBSync can then map, to and from, virtually any system using the JIRA core connector to retrieve data from, or send data to, JIRA Software or JIRA core. Click on the following link Connectors List, to learn about all the connectors we support.
Uses Of Connector
JIRA Core connector can be used to:
- Integrate your CRM, or ERP, application with JIRA Core that enhances the collaboration between various departments - like HR, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Finance - to manage projects and measure performance.
- You will have the ability to Integrate with JIRA software with your Service Desk. This will give your customers, visibility of your on-going product development, product roadmap.
Only the following version are supported:
- JIRA Software 7.3.1 and above.
- Note: The older version should work but has not been tested using the JIRA Core connector.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get a trial of DBSync JIRA Core connector?
A: DBSync is available free for 15 days trial after going through Signup process.
Q: Can this connector be used for bi-directional integration?
A: Yes. Furthermore, if you so choose, you can also make it uni-directional.
Q: Is JIRA Core connector available with both, On-demand and On-premise, Versions of DBSync platform?
A: Yes, JIRA Core connector is available with both, On-demand and On-premise, Versions of DBSync .
Q: How frequently can we run Integration?
A: As a rule of thumb, we recommend a 15 min interval to be set for a scheduler job.
Q: How does DBSync JIRA Core connector connect with JIRA Sofware or JIRA Core?
A: DBSync connects to JIRA Core or JIRA Software through DBSync's JIRA Core connector. It has inbuilt API methods that open a connection to the JIRA sotware for data retrieval and data insertion.
Q: Does DBSync need to be installed on the same machine as that of JIRA Software or JIRA Core ?
A: DBSync works through cloud. This makes accessibility and maintenance easier without any additional installation(s).