Backup of QuickBooks File
Take the following steps to back up the QuickBooks company file.
- Open the QuickBooks file you want to Backup navigate to> Open Previous Company File > File Name in QuickBooks.
- Click on File > Create Backup. A New Window will open.
- Select Local Backup. Then, click on Options Button.
- Click on Browse Button. Select your Backup location. Then, click OK.
- Click Next. Select Save it Now and then, click Next.
- Enter File Name and click Save.
- You will be presented with the following prompt - Verifying data integrity, Backing up data.
- The process will be completed automatically. Your QuickBooks Backup File will be placed in the selected location.
Recovery of QuickBooks File
Take the following steps to recover, or restore QuickBooks backup file.
- Click on File > Open or Restore Company.
- Select Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Select Local Backup and click Next.
- Select Backup File and click Open.
- Click Next. Enter the Company File Name and click Save.
- You will be asked for Admin Password. Enter Password and click OK. Click OK once the data is restored successfully.
- Your Backup File is Restored in QuickBooks.