"Trigger" is a mechanism to activate/extract information from the source system to use in the target system.
Trigger facilitates information to be read from the source system through a mechanism called Query Builder.
There are advanced versions of the query builder mechanism, where complex queries - involving across multiple objects - can be created. The result set can be viewed at run-time, making it convenient for users to change a query as and when needed.
Trigger section is as shown below:
DBSync offers a very convenient way of building queries - ranging from simple to very complex queries.
- On the Workflow page, select the data source and the object on which the query is to be built.
- Add N number of conditions for the query being built - "Add New Condition".
- For adding a condition, a user has to select a field, an operator and, then enter the value within.
- Based on the number of conditions added, the filter logic is auto-populated. However, a user can change the logic by manually entering a value.
- "Preview" - Shows the result set in the Query Result section.
The advanced query builder lets the user build complex queries and contains three sections:
- Schema - Loads up the whole of the source schema with the table. It can be expanded to show the columns with respective data types.
- Query Builder - Queries are pre-loaded for Templates loaded from the Template library. A user can write their own queries too.
- Query Result - Shows result of relational data models and XML structures. The data is shown in a tree format.