DBSync's JIRA Service desk connector is a highly customizable connector that has the ability to connect your JIRA sevice desk account with applications like accounting, e-Commerce platforms, and various CRM systems. Using DBSync's JIRA service desk connector, the DBSync user can directly connect to JIRA service desk application which will allow you to query, add, modify various types of records including service desks, organizations, customers, users, cases and much more objects.This connector uses the JIRA service desk API's along with JIRA core API's to move data in and out of JIRA service desk. Integrating with JIRA via DBSync consists of REST calls using a JSON request/response made over an HTTPS connection.
To establish a connection to JIRA service desk server via DBSync JIRA service desk connector, user has to do the following
- Have a valid license to DBSync JIRA service desk connector, username and password to connect to DBSync iPaaS platform.
- Should have a valid username, password, URL where JIRA service desk server is hosted.
- Be sure that JIRA service desk user has administrative privileges to connect to JIRA service desk APIs.
A JIRA service desk connector instance represents a single service desk account, including login credentials. If a user wishes to connect to multiple instances of the either on-demand or cloud instance of service desk, create a separate connection for each and configure the URL accordingly. The below table represent parameters required for opening the connection to service desk user instance.
The username to connect to JIRA service desk system.
The password to connect to JIRA service desk system.
The Host URL where your JIRA service desk application is hosted.
After a connector is created within a project, set up the connector within the process, DBSync can map to and from virtually any system using the JIRA service desk connector to retrieve data from or send data to JIRA service desk system. Click on the following link to know which all connectors we support Connectors List.
Uses Of Connector
JIRA service desk connector can be used to
- Integrate your CRM customers with JIRA service desk so that service agents have all of customer related information at disposal to provide best in class customer service, Instead of toggling between service desk and CRM , The agent would get time in understanding the customer problem while communication with them which would increase the customer satisfaction rate.
- Eliminating the error prone manual data entry by improving efficiency by automating systems for seamless data flow experience which would eliminate duplicate records or bad data.
- You have the power platform where your whole business process is automated which include few of use cases Integrated case management system, automated knowledge base creation, customer success Eco-system.
Only the following version are supported
- JIRA Service Desk Server 3.5 and above.
- The older version should work but haven't been tested using the JIRA service desk connector.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I get a trial of DBSync JIRA service desk connector?
A: DBSync is available free for 15 days trial after going through Signup process.
Q: Does this connector be used for bi-directional integration?
A: Yes, and you also have the control to make it uni-directional if you choose.
Q: Is service desk connector available with both on-demand and on-premise Version?
A: Yes, The JIRA service desk connector is available with both on-demand and on-premise Version.
Q: How frequent can we perform Integration?
A: The DBSync has an ability to trigger data integration for as low as three minutes.
Q: How does DBSync connect to JIRA service desk server ?
A: DBSync connects to JIRA service desk server through DBSync's service desk connector which has inbuilt API methods that open a connection to the JIRA service desk for data retrieval and data insertion.
Q: When do we need this additional Integration coding ?
A: DBSync has a standard template built in for the clients of service desk and Salesforce, If the scope of work involves other than standard data flow supported by our standard template than addition integration should be written.
Q: Does DBSync need to be installed on the same machine as that of JIRA service desk ?
A: DBSync works through a cloud that makes accessible easier, maintenance without no additional installations.